Whether on an off-road adventure or for everyday driving in the city – the Audi Q2 is the all-rounder. Sporting a youthful styling and packed with state-of-the-art technology, it made its public debut at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show and is available at Audi Kuwait showroom represented by Fouad Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company ... Starting price for the Audi Q2 is KWD 11,495.
At first glance the Q2 already shows its muscles. With broad shoulders and angular styling, it is brimming with energy and confidence. The low roofline and high window line give the sporty car a coupe-like look and a crouching stance on the road. Especially striking are the wedge-shaped headlights, the high position of the Singleframe grille and the generously sized air inlets. The rear body has a taut appearance with a long roof spoiler and a diffuser with an underbody protection look. Behind the tailgate is a large luggage compartment with lots of space for sports equipment or plenty of shopping items, a power opening and closing tailgate is available as an option. A practical feature is a through-loading facility in the rear bench seat that makes it easy to transport large items.
Form follows function – in the cockpit too. The driver’s seat position is sporty, but all-round visibility is very good as is typical of an SUV. In terms of connectivity and infotainment, the Q2 offers technologies from the full-size class. The driver can use the optional touchpad to scroll through a clearly structured menu. The speedometer and tachometer glow in the optional fully-digital Audi virtual cockpit, whose 12.3-inch screen displays highly detailed and brilliant graphics. The head-up display projects key vehicle data, including navigation instructions and driving speed, into the driver’s direct visual field.
Some specifications are optionally available to offer assistance in critical situations like the standard emergency braking assistant. If a child were to suddenly run into the street, or the car ahead were to brake abruptly to a stop, the Q2 can brake automatically in such situations. On top of that – if the relevant check mark is set in the equipment list – the car can autonomously maintain a distance to the vehicle ahead, monitor the blind spot and assist in lane-keeping from a speed of 60 km/h. The 4.19 meter-long car can even steer into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces – either in a reverse or forward direction. It can also exit parking spaces. The driver only needs to set the right gear, accelerate and brake.
With short overhangs and 15 cm of ground clearance the Q2 glides up slopes effortlessly. The engine is paired with a newly developed seven-speed automatic transmission. At lightning speed, the dual-clutch transmission changes gears and offers seamless driving pleasure. Audi Kuwait has launched the Q2 with 150 horsepower TFSI engine.
“the Audi Q2 was developed with a distinctively geometric form and model-specific design characteristics. The car exhibits an independent character within the Q family,” Tarek Al Shafie, General Manager of Fouad Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company said.
The compact car is available at Audi Kuwait showroom represented by Fouad Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company. Starting price for the Audi Q2 is KWD 11,495
At a glance
The Audi Q2
Exterior design and body
- Compact car, 4.19 meters long, coupe-like lines,
- powerful and edgy look, narrow window surfaces
- Polygonal design, concave flanks and emphasized wheel arches
- Blade on the C-pillar
- Add-on parts vary according to the trim line
- Twelve paint finishes, including many expressive colors
- Optional LED headlights and LED rear lights with dynamic rear turn signals
- Body with hot-shaped steels in the passenger cell
- Cd value of just 0.30
- Low interior noise level
Interior and controls
- Room for five, sporty seating position for driver and front passenger
- Luggage compartment capacity of 405 liters,maximum 1,050 liters
- Taut interior design, large-area inlays with optional backlighting
- Two trim lines, vibrant colors for upholstery and inlays
- MMI monitor standard; Audi virtual cockpit and head-up display as options
- Optional MMI touch with haptic feedback, natural language operation, free-text search
- MMI navigation plus with 8.3-inch monitor
- Modular infotainment platform, second generation
- Optional Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Engine and drivetrain
- 1.4 TFSI: 150 hp, 250 Nm between 1,500 and 3,500 rpm
- Newly developed seven-speed S tronic standard with the top engine
- Progressive steering standard, four-link rear suspension for the quattro variants
- Optional Audi drive select handling system, optional suspension with adaptive damper control
- Electronic Stabilization Control that can be deactivated in two stages with wheel-selective torque control and offroad mode
- Ground clearance 15 centimeters
- Choice of wheels ranging from 18 to 19 inches
Driver assistance systems
- Audi pre-sense front with pedestrian detection optional
- Optional adaptive cruise control with Stop&Go function,
- Audi side assist, Audi active lane assist, park assist and cross traffic assist, emergency assist